Edstone (upset shopkeeper)



Wednesday turned a bit colder than of late and Buddy and I went for a cycle ride in the morning.  I left my bike at Wootton Wawen boatyard and we went for a wander around the village.  I was a bit shocked to see this sign outside the village shop but I suspect the proprietor feels his trade has been affected,

Sign says it all


During our afternoon walk I bumped into Pete and Sally who were cycling back to their boat.  They are now moored about three miles behind us and cycle five miles to Wilmcote station to catch the train to work in Warwick and then five miles back in the evening.  They both say they are feeling a lot fitter now they have changed their lifestyle by getting rid of a vehicle and living full time on the boat.

That’s it – I said it was a short entry today – but I couldn’t let that sign go unreported!

No comments: